•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Got My Bronco II BACK, but almost blew up!

The Slider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
After sitting for 3 months i decided to bite the bullet and have another engine installed. I picked up up from the shop on the way to work and have my roomate follow me until i got to work (just so i felt comfortable with the new engine) he callecd me on the phone ddriving and said " GET OUT YOUR ON FIRE" I pulled over and sure enough the grass caught on fire the underneither was on fire. I had a fire extenguisher in the truck and put out the truck but the grass underneither was still going and i had no more extinguisher left, so i jumped in the truck to try to starty it and move it and i wouldnt start so i started pushing it! ( IF THE BRONCO WAS GOING TO BLOW UP, I WAS GOING WITH IT!) So got it moved and towed it to work and when they put in the engine they pinched the gasket for the adadpter plate for the oil filter and the oil caught on fire. so they fixed it all up... so today i get to drive it again! this time im going to say a prayer before i drive it!!!!!

CHaz.

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
Maybe the old girl just wanted to call it quits, So you might be careful does not take much to go from suicidel to Homicidel. She might just up and take you both out.

The Slider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
OH NO! LOL! its VERY clean.. been in the family since 1986. I JUST had $2,000.00 fonrt end put in. The dash looks nice new, seats are like new. ITS my baby! I tell everyone im gunna be buried in it! almost was! LOL.

nismotunedgtr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Damn that's scary. Any pics?

Mechanickid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
OH NO! LOL! its VERY clean.. been in the family since 1986. I JUST had $2,000.00 fonrt end put in. The dash looks nice new, seats are like new. ITS my baby! I tell everyone im gunna be buried in it! almost was! LOL.
I'm the exact same way with my 88 :icon_thumby:

dontendupzero

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Liter
I just bought my Explorer in Feb. and i think its the best vehicle ive had. its nice and clean inside and out. Runs strong for a 93. I will be buried in it. lol

Boggin

Reaction score
IF THE BRONCO WAS GOING TO BLOW UP, I WAS GOING WITH IT!)
CHaz.
i love you atttitude against it, when my baby caught on fire i was the same as you, i got in and drove her away from dads f150