•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Hard core TTB People needed!!!

Totalled

Law Enforcement
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
8 rabid gophers
Best it's done with stock arms.

Bigjohnbronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I think that TTB is the best between both worlds. The strength of a solid axle, the flex of IFS and not to mention insane turning radius due to the open knuckle. I out turn my buddies short wheel base samuri even with a mini spool in my 8.8. My TTB is not working right but 4x4junkie gave me hope. Man that truck works great. may be comon knowledge but spicer worked with ford on the TTB.

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I think that TTB is the best between both worlds. The strength of a solid axle, the flex of IFS and not to mention insane turning radius due to the open knuckle. I out turn my buddies short wheel base samuri even with a mini spool in my 8.8. My TTB is not working right but 4x4junkie gave me hope. Man that truck works great. may be comon knowledge but spicer worked with ford on the TTB.

??? dont you mean ride quality?

Bigjohnbronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I'm running the truck as I bought it in the front. The guy who built it used some heavy coils and original raduis arms, thats going change over the winter.

Little X

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
my custom deaver coils and btf uniball uppers did...about 10" of travel(00 ranger)
How much did all that flex cost? And a stock ttb with the sway bar disconnected and worn RA bushings will flex more then that.
Which is why independent suspension is for cars, not trucks (unless you have tons of cash to pour into high travel desert racing suspensions).

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
BIGGER
old setups. worked pretty fuggin good though.

but i did bust an awful lot of parts.....wasting arms beams and pigs just from torque not to mention impact damage. been trying to find the pics of my front d shaft and axle shaft blowing to hell with wheels straight at the sand hill and steering ripped in half at the water fall base...

Last edited:

lethal-threat-b288

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size

all my joop friends say, solid axle it! i say why? i have more travel and mine rides way better!

Last edited:

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
How much did all that flex cost? And a stock ttb with the sway bar disconnected and worn RA bushings will flex more then that.
Which is why independent suspension is for cars, not trucks (unless you have tons of cash to pour into high travel desert racing suspensions).
it was for high speeds. and my deaver coils were 275. 25 bucks more then camburgs race coils