•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

has anyone tried tread wright tires?

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
I was watching this video on youtube that showed a trailblazer that was offroading. Nothing special about that i know but this blazer was a little different it was using mud terrain tires that had been retreaded like they do for semi trucks. Well i got curious and checked them out i went to their site treadwright.com and they have mud terrain tires for about half the cost of new tires. I have read some articles online that reviewed the performance of these tires and they all seemed to speak highly of these tires. Being im a college kid on a tight budget this is right up my alley. I seen where a 31 inch mud terrain was right around $100 each and was wondering if anyone else has any experience with these. They said they can be a little noisy on the highway but what mud tire isnt? I hope some of yall here have experience with them because im really interested in them.

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0

This is one of their tires.

shane96ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Somebody has a thread on these exact tires somewhere if you search.

My friends Mom married a guy who owns a retread business. He gave some to my friend to put on his Explorer, and they are really decent tires. I wouldn't have ever thought they were retreads if he hadn't told me. I remember as a kid, my Dad bought some retreads for his Chevette. In my younger years (under 10) I thought they looked cheap and poorly done. Technology has certainly changed.

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Thanks alot i appreciate the info. Im still trying to get use to the word retread every time i read it i say retard and that messed up your whole story about owning a retard :icon_rofl:

shane96ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
His main customer is USPS. I never see the USPS trucks with treads coming off.

BDAB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
00, 99, 00
Vehicle
Ford, Ford, Bui
Engine Size
V10, 5.4L, 3.8L v6
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
treadwrites=good ........

never had a problem with a treadwrite tire.

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
well does anyone know of any other companies that do M/T retreads for our trucks? Tread Wright is good by what i can gather but since they are on the other side of the country from me its gonna cost me an extra $120 to get them shipped. Anyone know of anybody closer to the east coast? Even with the $120 its still cheaper than new tires but id like to save all i can.