•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Headlight Issue

The Fonz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I recently bought a Bronco II to cruise around in while I work on my 76' Volkswagen Westfalia. The issue i'm having is that the headlights will flicker and turn off after I hit the highbeam/turn signal switch. I switched out the headlight switch already which fixed the instrument lights, also the turn signals work fine and the fuse is okay. Basically my question is if I go and drop $60 on a new turn signal assembly will that fix my problem? Is there a common wire issue in Bronco II's? I'm hoping to get this fixed by tomorrow night so I can drive to Philly for a Flyers game:icon_thumby:
Thanks,
The Fonz

shane96ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
I recently bought a Bronco II to cruise around in while I work on my 76' Volkswagen Westfalia. The issue i'm having is that the headlights will flicker and turn off after I hit the highbeam/turn signal switch. I switched out the headlight switch already which fixed the instrument lights, also the turn signals work fine and the fuse is okay. Basically my question is if I go and drop $60 on a new turn signal assembly will that fix my problem? Is there a common wire issue in Bronco II's? I'm hoping to get this fixed by tomorrow night so I can drive to Philly for a Flyers game:icon_thumby:
Thanks,
The Fonz
Sometimes the ground connection goes bad, each side is grounded separately on the radiator support.

fordfan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
In my 88 Ranger, the wires came 'loose' about twice a year in the steering column (found this out after replacing the HL switch and having the problem recur), so hubby eventually got a wire 'receiver' from the junkie and spliced it in (inside the column)to hold the whole thing tightly. The old clip was just worn-maybe that's your problem?

The Fonz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I ended up getting a new headlight switch and turn signal switch. The connection to the turn signal switch was fried so I replaced that too, instrument lights came right on : )