•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Help me before this truck shakes apart!

abrush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
They always say if it isn't one thing it is another! Well about a month ago I put new push rods and rocker arms in my 4.0 (Bronco II), yes I did the swap, because of the tapping sound due to premature wear and got rid of the tapping sound but now have a bad shaking/vibration. This is really noticeable while just sitting in idle both in park and drive. My rpm's hold steady but the truck shakes. The problem is that it doesn't do this all the time. Sometimes I start it and it runs fine but most the time it shakes. I haven't noticed any loss of power or any other symptoms. I replaced the plug wires even though they and the spark plugs only have 20,000 miles on them. I don't know if it was something I did when I put the motor back together or something unrelated. Any suggestions of what I should check for??? By the way I just cleaned the MAF and throttle body.

mwood1985

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
check your fan clutch mine had the same problem and that turned out to be my problem

abrush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I actually wondered about that since it only acts up intermittenly. How do I go about checking it to see if it is good or bad?