•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Helpppppp!!!!

Bronco2blue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
88 bronco II started fine driving around in the hills and it just loses power and dies all of the sudden. It turns over but won't fire, I checked the inertia switch and unless the whole switch is bad idk what's wrong. Haven't had time to look at anything else just wondering if there's something common with these rigs about that?????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

removebe4flight

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
88 bronco II started fine driving around in the hills and it just loses power and dies all of the sudden. It turns over but won't fire, I checked the inertia switch and unless the whole switch is bad idk what's wrong. Haven't had time to look at anything else just wondering if there's something common with these rigs about that?????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Do you have spark? Fuel? I just had this problem it turned out to be my Distributor shit itself. I had the PCM relay fail before also that did the same thing. Get a spark test plug and check it you have spark. Then we can go from there.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
One quick way to find out if your fuel pump inertia switch is bad is to unhook it and just tie the wires together bypassing the switch. If it fires up you'll know right away.

When you first turn the key on do you hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds? If not you may have a bad inertia switch...quite common, just had to replace mine, and I was just driving around town and somehow mine decided to trip just hitting railroad tracks.

Another possibility is the TFI module. Its the module on the back of the distributor. Those modules get hot and cause a no start when hot, but after it cools down it may start again and run fine until the module gets hot.

removebe4flight

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
One quick way to find out if your fuel pump inertia switch is bad is to unhook it and just tie the wires together bypassing the switch. If it fires up you'll know right away.

When you first turn the key on do you hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds? If not you may have a bad inertia switch...quite common, just had to replace mine, and I was just driving around town and somehow mine decided to trip just hitting railroad tracks.

Another possibility is the TFI module. Its the module on the back of the distributor. Those modules get hot and cause a no start when hot, but after it cools down it may start again and run fine until the module gets hot.
I went looking for mine when I had this problem and looked for about an hour before finding two wires that had length to go where it would be and were spliced together. So, looked like someone had already jumped mine out. :headbang: