•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Herculined floorboard

sweetwaterbroncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I removed the nasty carpet from my BII this weekend and herculined the floor. I think it looks good for a amateur job. I like the look of it also and its a bonus with the easy cleanup it should provide. I would post a picture but the file is too large.

Last edited:

98RedRanger21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I actually just did that on my 88 b2 last night! It's drying today then I'm poping seats back in! My friend did it to his truck and he loves it! It has such great texture, goes on easy and gives ur truck a new feel to it!

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Lets see the pics!

How much louder is it with the carpet removed?

wally

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L
just suggest a head shield by your exhaust components if it doesn't have one already so you don't melt your new floor or worse catch it on fire. I've heard of this happening before not sure if its true but worth the piece of mind.

dusto2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
ya and that floor will get hot!! when i started driving the bii with no carpet it was warm so i was wearing sandles on the way to the river and kick them off and set my bare foot on the floor and it was hot enough to make me not want to set it there again

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Mine has been done for a while and you get used to it. There are a couple of factory heat shields that should be there if they haven't rotted off yet. I make sure mine were there and I've had no heat problems from the exhaust.

Broncotim

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I am getting ready to coat my 88's floor pan. I purchased a kit by Rustoleum called Road warrior. I have used this kit before. I have also used Herculiner. The road warrior kit is much better texture wise. I am waiting for some warm weather. I will post some photos when I am done.

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Reaction score
I am going to do this to mine before I put a new carpet kit in.

04sd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'90 / '84
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 / 4.0
It'll cost a little more but you can get Durabak in a lot of different colors. I did mine in gray to match the interior and keep it from getting as hot when it sits out in the sun with no top.

98RedRanger21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford

Here is a couple pictures of mine! In the rear the lifted floor is my soon to be custom fuel pump door!