•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Hi

Terry48

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I went and bought the explorer latch handle. Thanks for the info. I do have reservations about enlarging the mount holes to accommodate the new latch handle.

I am in the process of removing the panel screws the clean and paint. I also removed the tire carrier and having it power coated. I found that vinegar, especially apple cider vinegar is great for removing most, if not all, rust and dirt. let the parts set for a couple three days. You need to rinse the parts after the soak in the apple cider vinegar as it will turn the a rust color. I coated those I am not painting with petroleum gel. You tube is very informative along with Bronco corral tech forum.

I have replaced all the door and window seals and cleaning all the rubber parts. Wow! Almost worth it to pay a professional detailer to do the job. But, I will appreciate it more by doing it myself. Probably do some cussin also.

I am leaning toward the patina look since a good paint job would run between $5000 to $7000,(estimate). The current paint isn't too bad. The clear coat is peeling on the hood and roof. The Boss(wife) is opposed. Oh Well. I will be awhile for the paint job.

XTC90BII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Do what you can with what you have where you are
If it is the original paint then it is more likely acrylic paint than base with a clear coat or at least that is what my 1990 is.

Dennis