•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

High Pressure Pump Question

Swiftkid

Reaction score
Was out messing in the B2 and it died, i figured the inertia switch was tripped, so my buddy in the passenger seat hit the button and it started up. Well was driving around with him alittle later that day and same thing happened but it was randomly and nothing was tripped. This time he just kicked it around with his feet and she started back up. Got home parked her and now the high pressure pump isn't priming and shes not starting.

-So i jumped the inertia switch but it didn't work.
-Checked the fuel pump and eec relay both are clicking and im assuming working.

I took off the fuel pump relay and jumped power to the high pressure pump and it primed right up and i started her up. The problem with that is the high pressure pump constantly stays running and before as most every B2 owner knows the pump only primes for a acouple seconds then should stop before starting, now its on constantly priming.....i think the ECM is bad but not sure and really dont want to go buy even a used one. Do you guys think it is alright if i just run KEO power to the high pressure pump or will this cause the HP pump to burn out?

RonD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I would try a new relay.
Clicking usually means the electro-magnet is pulling down the contact arm, so ECM is triggering the relay, but it doesn't mean the contacts to send the 12v to the inertia switch are working, these can get corroded or just wear away enough to not make contact.

IMO I wouldn't have it on full time, with a full tank it would stay cool but a 1/4 tank probably run warmer, and in-tank pumps are not easy to replace, although I think on the B2 you can cut a hole in the floor and then use a cover plate, to make it easier to access if needed.

Last edited:

LIMA BEAN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Swap the headlight relay into the fuel pump relay spot, should be the same critter. If it works get another relay for the headlights.

Swiftkid

Reaction score
The low pressure pump in the tank is working good. It's the high pressure in the rail that isn't working at all unless I run direct power to it. So I did run KEO power to it but I've never heard the HP pump stay on so long it's constantly on when I run power to it and I don't want to burn it out what do you guys think?