•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Hit the junkyard today

SmokeEater829

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 L
Spent about 4 hours this morning at the local Pull A Part. Got a new passenger side seat track. Mine was rusted to pieces. Picked up a set of front seats from a 99 Explorer and they bolted right onto my seat tracks. Also got a manual shift BW 1350 t-case with floor plate, shifter, and boot. Gonna check out the t-case and make sure everything is good before I start my swap!

Grand total was about $160. Once I get the Push button BW 1350 out of the truck I'm gonna try to sell it to get some money for more modding!

Here is a pic of the new Explorer seats in the truck. (Seat covers were off my old seats)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364335939.912729.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364335992.348341.jpg

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Looks good how much modifying is needed to put explorer seats in a b2? What did you do for back seat access as I know my b2 has a lever that releases to let the seat lift up and move forward.

SmokeEater829

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 L
Take the seat tracks off of the Explorer seats and replace with the seat tracks from your vehicle. I didn't worry about the seat flip as my B2 has no rear seats. I pulled them and made the rear seat and cargo one big cargo bed. Gave me nice place to mount my guns in a rack while driving at the hunting lease.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Ahh, ok, didn't realize that the tracks were the only thing to change. Makes sense now. Trying to figure out the seat deal in my B2, and try to find or rig up some sort of center console as well, driver's seat in my B2 is toast, I drive it so I never have sat in the passenger seat, but it seems more solid than the driver's seat, but I really don't like either of them as they are pretty worn out. I kind of like to keep my back seat as I'm trying to keep mine as stock as possible. I find explorers in salvage yards more often than Bronco 2's, however the last time I was at my local salvage yard they had an 86 B2 in there and I asked about buying it for parts but they refused don't know if its some sort of law that they can't or what they wouldn't say, sadly that B2 looked practically all there with the exception of the front and rear bumpers and the back seat.

Tedybear

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989, 2001
Vehicle
1989=Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9 V6
I found a local stormin' good deal for a set of seats out of a newer Ranger. I asked here (thanks everyone) and $40 bucks later? Newer seats installed and much more comfee.

The only issue? Both seats where for the passenger side LOL. But sense I'll never have a use for the BII back seat? No problem.

S-