•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

How do you remove this piece

tidmarshsmiths5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l stock

I need to remove the piece that covers my shift light, brake, seatbelt, 4x4...the piece I removed from the donor vehicle is slightly different (88 and mines an 85).

My turn signal piece is square and this one is round...also, for some reason I don't have the piece that covers this on the one I took off (must be made differently than mine.

Anyway, it's held in place by plastic (hard pieces that are only going to break if I force it.

If I can't get it out, I will have to cut my gauge cover so I can put a different radio in it (found a factory radio) and as you can see mine was for a square radio.

tidmarshsmiths5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l stock
Free gauge dash cover 1988

Alright gents, since I couldn't make the 88 work for me - the center gauges are different - on mine, plastic covers and on 88s (probably 86 & 87s as well) the center gauges are a plug n play and not just covers over bulbs....

Anyway, if you want to pay for the shipping I'll give you the 88 cover - would rather help someone out since you guys are always so helpful here with knowledge and keep me from having to pay folks.

It's in really good shape (wish it would have worked because the "chrome" trim piece is in better shape than mine).

Just let me know.