•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

how short can my wheelbase be?

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
well its finally wet enough out to cut the old girl up and haul her out.shes the truck that got me into rbv's(drove her in high school:3gears:).i've had a b2 and i'm on my second ranger.she got stopped short of retirement by my brothers great driving and a redwood tree:icon_surprised: still drove straight down the road with your hand off the wheel.

but i got the idea, what if i just cut her down to b2 wheelbase and hacked off all the rest except the front floorpan and firewall.then went madmax with tubing?how short can you be with 3-4 inches of lift? does anyone know the b2 wheelbase offhand?

i'de fab up mounting for a d30 i have and toss the 33" boggers on it.hopefully 2000 lbs or less that my ranger will tow easily and i don't need to be nice to?

whatcha tink?

Last edited:

Sunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Bronco IIs have a wheelbase of 94."

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Vehicle
Ranger
I am ashamed that.., that thing bears the Ford emblem.

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
its been a great truck,shit in your own stupid threads:flipoff:
Lol

Why kill the wheelbase? Just extra work

I say tube it, lift it, and bog it! :headbang:

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Lol

Why kill the wheelbase? Just extra work

I say tube it, lift it, and bog it! :headbang:
not really much extra work,i'll just hook up a sploder front driveshaft i have and scoot the axle forward till the spline depth is good.:icon_thumby:the only things on the truck worth anything to me are the frame and 4.0 setup.with 33's the axles need to be close together to keep rocks out of the belly too

the nature of the beast is free to cheap parts in any weird config that works.theres a couple ways i could go 4.56 for almost free.

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I vote swap the driveline into a BII.....or get a new body, they're cheap around here.....

-andrew

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
.....or get a new body, they're cheap around here.....

-andrew
you couldn't catch me dead building up a ploder that still resembles one.i get the same feeling driving a volvo:thefinger: yuppy!

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Ugh....and to think I can be seen in one of these when I'm not driving my truck:

hey you gotta save money for those crawlers somehow.

sorry i didn't mean you, i meant that i get the yuppy experience while driving one:icon_twisted:

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HAHA, better response then I thought.....Thats the GF's 07' Toyota Yaris, gets 45mpg at 120km hwy and about 35mpg in town.

-andrew

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
From what I hear that is about the best overall WB.
that can be relative to tire size.my ranger wants 35-37's to have the same breakover as a b2 on 33-35's.a 37 is just not economical:icon_twisted:

so i thought what would be small enough to improve breakover with the 33's?samurai's are kick ass on tiny tires.i saw one float a good distance a while back on 33's.:icon_rofl:.

i think i left the question too open.with about 3 inches lift whats the worst driveshaft angle you would run on a trail only truck with a sploder front shaft in the rear thats light and small?i'm thinking i can go a couple inches shorter than stock(less lift and no doubler) and wind up with the same crappy angle as some of the more modded trucks

i intend to chop her up til its at that point.some of you b2 guys have pretty bad angles and run bigger tires on the street. thoughts?

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Vehicle
Ranger
whatcha tink?
its been a great truck,shit in your own stupid threads:flipoff:

Well see, that is the problem, YOU only want to hear, what YOU want to hear, so why you ask us what we think? STFU and take it to the scrap yard! :headbang:

...seriously I would just use it as a round-a-bout around the house. Try to set the sentimental value to the side man, and look at the actual value of that truck. Just look at your income, and expenditures and ask yourself, can you really afford this, jacking this truck up, is this really worth it, after some investment, can I make a profit?

If the answer is no to any of those questions, you should put as little investment in as possible. The value of that truck is near junk-yard prices, but I seriously doubt you could recoup the cost of repairs, mods to even get a decent selling price.

Last edited:

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
how short can you be with 3-4 inches of lift? does anyone know the b2 wheelbase offhand?

whatcha tink?
Well see, that is the problem, YOU only want to hear, what YOU want to hear, so why you ask us what we think? STFU and take it to the scrap yard! :headbang:
no actually its pretty fair to expect answers to your questions,you were off on your own tangent......again.:icon_confused: never asked if you like the color red or bashed up ploders:thefinger:besides MOST of the truck will be going to the wreckers anyway,lol.

i'm interested in peoples renditions of the smallest possible rbv and maybe pics of somebodies mini-rbv ?

hopster

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0, 5.0 can't decide
I would shoot for about a 100 inch WB.