•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

i got a ranger problem

dschott

Reaction score
i started getting this problem. Like Ill turn on the '90 ford ranger it'll idle ok. but when I put it in drive or rev. and go about 10- 20 feet and it studders then dies but when i put it to neutral or park it'll do the same thing but it takes awhile to idle to normal. i just changed the spark plug and the wires, its timed pretty good and i just changed the fuel filter yesterday. it still does it, i have no idea whats going on. lately, i recently ran it out of fuel so maybe thats why i thought well maybe it suck up some junk an plugged the filter so i changed it. thank u guys for your time.

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Vehicle
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
could be your intank fuel pump

dschott

Reaction score
hmm ill be damed lol i took the bed off not even 3 mths ago to check on it becuse i was having problems b4 but i fix that problem it was the fuse lol i forget whick one it was called but i controlled the ign. and fuel pump ill check on that but wat exactly would i be looking at wen i do.???

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Vehicle
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
hmm ill be damed lol i took the bed off not even 3 mths ago to check on it becuse i was having problems b4 but i fix that problem it was the fuse lol i forget whick one it was called but i controlled the ign. and fuel pump ill check on that but wat exactly would i be looking at wen i do.???
i dunno. but running the tank empty prolly nearly killed it. specially on a oem pump. maybe the line clogged. and also, this is in the wrong forum. needs to be in gen disscusions next time