•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

If I....

burton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
put some 2 inch coil spacers on my b2 would i need to get new shocks?? i feel like maybe if lost some height to droop but i dont know cause ive only had the car for about 3 months..so i dont know what it used to sit like...

thanks

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Unless your going to be doing some serious flexing, you should be fine on the shocks. Just make sure you get and alignment afterwords, as your tires will be like: (camber will be positive most likely)

:D

(you may need the adjustable bushings, most likely not tho)

Last edited:

H munster

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 Bronco II
Engine Size
2.8/ 4.0/ 4.0
I put the coil spacers on my 84 and kept the stock shocks. Didnt even need alignment.

engdept

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
If you plan on off roading, then yes you will need new shocks.

NO matter what you will need an alignment.

burton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
cool thanks for the info...

i dont think it would see much hard off roading.. maybe some mud..im mainly just getting some spacers so i dont have to hack more of my fenders off ...when the suspention compreses and im turnin it rubs and i only have 30s on it.and i have heard you should be able to fit 31s do you think i could be experiancing some sag?

...im kinda scared to take it off road cause its my daily driver and im not really shur how much it can take and my dads got me thinkin ima break it the second i touch dirt...lol i told him ima go hit some mud tommoro with my friends and now hes got me thinkin maybe i shouldnt but it should be able to handle just a lil mud right???

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
you can get 2" shock extender studs at autozone for like $10. when i did mine though, i didnt NEED them.