•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Issues installing an Aussie locker

TexCaliBII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Anyone here had issues installing an Aussie XD-13527 locker in a D35? No matter what I cannot get the measurement to come into spec. I had to grind a bit on the carrier window to get the parts in. The first measurement is between the cross pin and the center and I am at the low side with just .006 clearance and the range is .006-.020. Once I get it all together the opening between the main parts should be .145-.170 and I'm getting .130. My thrust washers measure .028 thick. Do I just need thinner washers? I tried looking them up on Napa's site, no luck. I'll keep looking but will probably have to get them from a driveline shop. Bummer, I really wanted to get it installed today....

TexCaliBII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Tried setting up a second 3:73 carrier I had lying around and same thing so I guess it will have to be thinner thrust washers from a drive line shop.:annoyed:

TexCaliBII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Nope,
They say it should fit and don't know why it doesn't, even on the 2nd diff I had setting around. So I did some more searching for thinner washers to no avail. I did finally find a post on here that talked about this same issue and response given by 4X4 Junkie that his did not fit within the specs either but was working just fine so I said the heck with it and installed it in my carrier. Wouldn't you just know that even though I have installed and taken it apart like 10 times that this time it would be the hardest? And then to top it off I went to put the carrier back in and found a nick in the open side race, Auuugghhh; ENOUGH already. Steady breath..... Will now have to get bearings and races tomorrow at good 'Ol Napa, which I should have bought anyway, as I put new everything else in the axle..........

TexCaliBII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
And why the heck have my recent posts been double posting?????????

F150hybred

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Patience grasshopper. Perfection takes time... and a few wobblies! :icon_twisted:

allout

Ford Technician
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Mine measured very close to yours. It was also tight. The first couple of times it released very harshly but after one wheeling trip it was working flawlessly.