•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Jeep wheels!

Oregone

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
So, being that there are always so many jeep wheels available used, I decided to use some. About 4 years ago I bought some BFG mud terrains on the honeycomb grand Cherokee wheels. Rather than paying to have them swapped, I cut the centers out so that my manual hubs would fit through.

The back of the wheel fits a 2 3/4" hole saw perfectly and I cut them out. They fit perfect. I used these wheels for 4 years doing some light off-roading and ALOT of highway. No issues whatsoever.

I recently bought a set of 31x10.50 15s this time on a 5 spoke aluminum jeep wheel. I guess they're known as grizzly wheels. By far my favorite factory jeep wheel. I looked and they were the same on the back. So I cut them too.

I based the centering on the fact they both sets of wheel accepted acorn style tapered lug nuts.

I figured I'd let y'all know that it worked for me if you find some jeeps wheels you like on a deal.

Attachments

Last edited:

Oregone

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Some more shots

Attachments

dirtcowboy

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985,1986(2),19
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.9, 4.6, 4.0, 6.8, 5.0x4
Do you have an "after" pic of your holesaw work?

Oregone

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Ill try again tonight, I am getting issues while trying to upload. :icon_thumby:

Oregone

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Here's my second attemp at pictures. I ended up reaming the cut section of the hole out just a little bit with a Dremel tool.

Attachments