•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Leaf Springs - Need Help

b_mckendry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I put a 2 inch skyjacker lift on my 86 bronco 2. There are the oversize coils on the front and spacer blocks in the back.

When I measure the center of the fender wheel well from the ground it sits 1.5 inches lower in the rear than it does in the front.

I want the vehicle to sit level so it does not look like a boat and when I drive it.

What is my problem?

Shackles, leafs, etc.... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Demi_II

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Well, Im not sure about your situation but my leaf springs were wore slap out, so I opted to replace them with the rough country lift springs when I bought my kit. Very possible that yours have just worn out and no longer hold the truck as high as they once did, and now with new springs up front, youre nose high. You can get helper springs in the back or replace them with new springs, or get bigger blocks.

I should caveat that Im new to this so please listen to more experienced members over myself. Just throwing some ideas out there.

superds

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84 90 2013
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8/2.9/5.0
Ditto what Demi said, the rear leafs are probably just worn out and now you have brand new front springs. You can add a leaf to the rear, replace the springs, or do a shackle lift to the rear to help level it out. If it were mine I wouldn't add a taller block to the rear when there are other inexpensive options available. I think you can find add a leaf kits for around $60 and the shackle lift runs around $45, IRRC.

edwards1687

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Buy a set of Belltech 6400's to drop your leaf spring shackles about 2". How much you gain with the Skyjacker coils? Post some pictures when you get done, I'm planning to do the same with mine soon.