•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Lifting an Explorer

kerchie1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
1993 Explorer sping over axle aplication

for the soa in the rear use the explorer shock mounts on top of the ranger axle or explorer axle. also you reverse the side that they're on left to right and vice versa now you can still use a stock length shock in the rear and have approx 5.5 in lift
This quote just verified a couple of my questions, I had decided to try the shock mounts just as described but was concerned weather or not all would come together as planned, now I know it will. The only other concern is the driveshaft. I'm thinking that with the leaf mounts being in front right where they are that the radius of the swing ought to be just about right to where as the truck lifts and the axle/leafs drop they will also get closer to the trans. I've had a couple of people tell me that it will not work without adapting driveshaft, I still am willing to put money on it to fit just right. Can someone whos actually done the job verify this for me.
Thanks
I have to ad this, What the _____ was ford thinking when they said OK
to production with the springs on bottem? Has to be the stupidest thing I've
ever seen. My shock mounting plate which is also the spring U bolt mounting
plate split dead center of bolt holes from front to back both sides. Needless
to say you know where that left me, Dragging my ass down the frwy till I got stopped thankfully safe. Stupid design. Sorry I had to get that off my chest.
Kerchie1

fordmandan87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
87/92/97/11
Vehicle
Ford×3/Freightl
Engine Size
/5.0/4.0/7.3/DD15
the sua design was introduced in order to reduce the center of gravity. and i have never heard of that happening that sucks balls, glad to hear your ok