•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Lizard Skin flooring?

screw'd up

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/1986
Vehicle
FORD
I recently bought a '86 Bronco II and with the few holes leaking into the truck, the carpet was gross and things were living in it. I ripped out the carpet but need to put something else down and I heard about lizard skin paint for the floors, has anyone else tried using this stuff? I know it runs kinda pricey and thats why I wanna know how well it works or doesn't work first. Or any other sugguestions? This truck is going to be used as a woods truck but also be used as an everyday driver.

3hokies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I used Herculiner in my Ranger after first painting it with Rust Bullit. Worked well so far...a little noisy and you can feel the heat. Pictures are in my albums.

JoshT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Lizard skin is more of a sound deadner and insulator, it usually has carpet or something over it. Not sure how it would stand up as a floor coating with nothing on top. If you are wanting something heavy duty to put down and don't want carpet or vynil floor, I'd recommend bed liner. I personally would recommend a DIY spray in type if you have access to an air compressor that will handle it.

William Spitzer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 2.3
I used Herculiner in my Ranger after first painting it with Rust Bullit. Worked well so far...a little noisy and you can feel the heat. Pictures are in my albums.
Thats my plan for my B2 when it comes time to work on the interior. How bad is the heat? the road noise shouldnt bother me alot, but i dont know about heat. And your from Winchester? I'm only about an hour away.

3hokies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Fulks Run..Hell Yeaah...the heats not that bad...and mines a regular cab....I work across the street from Buffalo Wild Wings and I usually drive the truck to work...stop by

William Spitzer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 2.3
Oh cool, i work over at TJ Maxx next to Kroger, usually drive a beat up, semi-ricey Festiva. And I will sometime, I'd like to see your Herculiner.

3hokies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
You mean Target, Right? I'm there 10-6 Tuesday -Saturday Fosters Jewelers

gungfudan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
When i found out my Ranger was taking on water i had to track it down to stop it. I ended up taking my whole dash out because where you windshield wipers are the drain tray (what ever it is called) had leaves and pine straw sitting in it. I found tons of rust and a few holes. It was leaking so bad from the fire wall that I had an inch of standing water on the floor board. Puts a whole new meaning to car pooling.:icon_rofl:

I cleaned everything, on the fire wall, up put Rustoleum Rust Reformer on it, for added protection, I patch all that with JB Weld stick (two part epoxy stick). If you do a light sand before the JB weld it will stick better. Then after that I used seem sealer around the edges of the JB weld and let that dry and painted it. Then i used Dynamat on the fire wall to cover everything, also to dampen the sound of the engine. Then in the Drain tray, were the wipers are, I bought a self leveling caulk and squirted it in there and let it dry and have not Had a leak since.

I said all that to say this; on the floor I painted it with that rubberized spray for your under carriage. I pulled up the factory insulation and then painted it. I would buy some Dynamat for road noise it is awesome stuff I lined my doors with it and it cut down on the road noise tremendously. I used MIP (molded industrial polly-vinyl) on my floor board. I bought it from http://www.lmctruck.com it is a little pricey but worthy it. It is tough stuff. hope this helps.

Dugan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989, 1949
Vehicle
Ford, IH
Engine Size
2.9L, 355 SBC
Oh cool, i work over at TJ Maxx next to Kroger, usually drive a beat up, semi-ricey Festiva. And I will sometime, I'd like to see your Herculiner.
Tj Maxx and a Festiva? oh boy..:idiot:

You have a riced out one of these???? What the?

William Spitzer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 2.3
As requested, here it is. :D

Here is also the spoiler I started to fiberglass, but I got my bronco II and haven't been able to finish it.

Please done make fun of me to much :D

Last edited: