•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Low Oil Pressure

The Slider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
My oil light in my 2.9l in my bronco came on. i went to change the oil filer and the housing which holds the oil filter( with a nut) was LOOSE as HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!! i could rock the oil filer back and forth with my pinky finger. I tightned it up and did an oil change BUT the oil light STILL came on but it the engine DIDNT make any noice i ran it for over an hour . could the sensor still be telling the compueter that there is still low oil pressure??

Thanks Guys foir ALL your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chaz.

Last edited:

np24

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
its possible your bearings are toast and causing a low oil pressure condition.
or the pressure switch is bad. i've had one of those fail closed on me. the switch turns the light on directly.
what you really need is a real oil pressure gauge, then you'd know whats going on.

gill41083

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
i have also had a sender go bad and do the same thing, i replaced the sender and all was well.

Psychopete

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
NONE
The oil light is low oil level. Sender (side of pan) or wiring is no good. Oil pressure is the oil gauge in the cab, but it's really kind of uninformative. If you want to see what's it's really doing, you'll need to hook up an aftermarket oil pressure gauge.

Pete

The Slider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Its fixed... after we tightned the oil filter housing i replaced the sneding unit. and its working like a champ!

Thanks
CHaz,