•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Motor mounts

5.0 Kid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 soon to be 5.0
Hi everyone

Haven't been on in sometime now. I have been side lined by my other project. but looking at my 2 bronco 2's and now wanting to start the 5.0 conversion. I am wanting to know witch motor mounts are better for the 5.0 in a 1990 b2 4x4, with a 2-3" body lift. I see that James duff and advanced adapters are about the same price. Is one better then the other or are they the same? Or is there others that are better. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :D

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Most people use Foxbody Mustang convertable/SN95 mounts flipped side to side. $25 a side at the local parts store.

5.0 Kid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 soon to be 5.0
so thoes mustang mounts just bolt in with no drilling or any modifications?

baddad457

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ranger
so thoes mustang mounts just bolt in with no drilling or any modifications?
No, you still need to locate the mounts and drill holes or cut slots for the mount studs. To my knowledge there are no mounts that just "bolt right in" . If this was easy, everybody would be doing it.:D And if not mistaken, one or both of those two companies are selling the Mustang 'Vert mounts as their own.

Last edited:

fordmike1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 & 1983
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.0l
Make your own. You can mount the engine where you want it to sit and fit. I used a set of stock V8 Explorer upper plates, 1 5/8" .120 tubing, 3/16" plate, 1/8" plate and some 1 1/2" poly leafspring bushings. I am into everything for less then 30 dollars and had fun making them myself and they are a direct bolt-in setup.

Teddyzee

December 2011 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L HO, GT40 heads, GT40 intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster muffl
For the sake of accuracy, Fox Mustang vert mounts (same as '94/'95 coupe and other models) place the drain plug very close to the crossmember on a TTB 4wd RBV. This is easy to work around, just making you aware of this.
Fox coupe mounts have a less desirable construction, but may sit the engine slightly higher and avoid this interference.

My mounts are vert mounts, came from a '92 Lincoln Mark VII LSC, and were not flipped side to side, they are labelled correctly. Mustang style mounts also have a locating tab that can be ground off to sit flat.

Here is the slot in a Mustang (well, a Lincoln, same thing). You will drill a hole where the mount stud contacts the crossmember, then slot it downward for the engine to settly into.