•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Moved up to a Bronco Raptor.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Traded 2 broncos for a Bronco Raptor.
We took it for a test drive and the burning question of "is it that much better than a Wildtrak or Badlands?" was answered quickly.
The only way we could make it happen was by trading both to get the payment down where we needed it. All tolled, payment and insurance, we're down close to $400 a month from before.
But only one new vehicle now.

Even with 37's it rides smoother and quieter. Is it KO2's vs GY Territories?

We are getting 16+ mpg around town. Just did a 200 mile road trip, indicated 16.4. However speed limits of 75 greatly reduced the overall mpg.
In early stretches of a 65mph limit it got up to 17.9 before we hit the 75 mph limit. It needs a bigger gas tank, no doubt as the total (driven plus remaining) estimated range was ~350 miles at the end of the trip.
Using 93 octane gas from Costco.

The 3.0 liter is good but I had hoped for more. The 3.5 would have been better but I guess Ford has their reasons for not using it. It does move out and it sounds great but more torque would be better.

The dash cluster is a great improvement, why wasn't this in every Bronco trim?

We thought the Badlands and Wildtrak seats were really good, the Raptor seats are another step up.

I had read about how big it is, and it is wider and taller, but when you drive it you don't feel it. Until you touch a curb or look at the camera to check how you are sitting in a parking spot.
Squeezing into the drive up ATM was fun sneaking past the posts on both sides, powered mirrors would be a big help.

Visibility through the back window is not good. The 37" spare hides entire vehicles behind you. This really needs a camera based rear view mirror.

Here she is, I call her Clementine.

20240323_104147.jpg

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
They have a white one sitting at our local dealer. It's pretty impressive I must say. I just can't get past the asking price...

I'm still praying to hit the lottery.

Congrats Jerry... be sure to keep us in the know and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Thanks, Depending on your area you can negotiate as even the Raptors aren't moving like they used to.
Mine was an abandoned order and it sat out front of the dealer for three weeks before i called about it.
This got me thinking that it was probably ordered two years ago and with price protection.
They would have paid much less than sticker which put in the price range of a 24 Heritage Limited. and not that far from a loaded Wildtrak.
I'd like to hear the real story.

They had mine advertised for 2K off. With trades and a finance rate 2% lower than I could find, it's difficult to put a hard number on what I paid for the Raptor but in the end the numbers worked for us.
A big part of the reason I could do this is because of covid we made good chunk on a pair of earlier sale/trade.

The dealer is starting to pile up on inventory, they even had 2 two door Broncos. A whole row of Sports and plenty of pickups. Right after I bought the Raptor another came in and it's been there over a week.
Times are changing in the car market.

Word of advice, if don't want to want it, don't test drive it :)

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
This is the local ad.... crazy price.

Screenshot_20240317_075033_Chrome.jpg

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Ya, Sticker on my 23 was close to 96K.
Dealers were adding ADMs and getting it so Ford said "Ok, we'll raise the MSRP" and pretty much stopped ADM in most of the country.
Next the end of low interest rates and boom! They are suddenly available to regular people and not just the best buddies of the dealer GM.

I just saw a forum post on Bronco6g with a screenshot of 10K off. I don't where that is but it isn't here. :)

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
At our last oil change they thought we needed to upgrade... so they parks ours next to one when it was done.

received_1448378812757821.jpeg

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I generally like black fenders but that Raptor looks good. Did you run the numbers?

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
I generally like black fenders but that Raptor looks good. Did you run the numbers?
No, she is pretty happy with the one she has.