•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

My 88 BII Build!!

88Bronco2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I'm not the one that pulled it. The guy at the JY did. But yeah they cut it.

Explorin94

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
That tray catches oil from the gears and oils your front bearing.
If you need someone who knows what they are doing with that trans get a hold of me and you can drive a couple hours north and I'll do it for ya. Just bring the parts and a couple hours of your time.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
I'm not the one that pulled it. The guy at the JY did. But yeah they cut it.
yeah, that's what it looked like in the pic....i was just hoping you or someone you knew had pulled it off somehow.

88Bronco2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Picked up some more goodies from the JY today:D I got lucky on the clutch and brake pedal assembly. The truck was a 1st gen ranger that had the dash and pretty much everything except for the the assembly already pulled out. It took 10min to get it out, and that included the time to kill the wasp nest in the cab:headbang:lol

88Bronco2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Finally got around to draining the oil out of the trans tonight. Oil wasn't to dirty, there was a small amount of metal shavings on the plug but nothing major. BUT, I did find a small chunk of metal on the plug as well:icon_surprised:

I sent about half and hour looking everything over to see if I had a chipped gear or something. Turns out is was a part of the shifter linkage:bawling:

Here are some pics...

Small chunk of metal

and where it came from

Have any of you guys ever encountered this??

88Bronco2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Small Update!

Been a while. Not much progress on the 5speed swap, still saving the $$ for all the parts I need. All I have done is a few small things to the BII. I picked up some of that new Dupli-Color Bed Armor. It was on sale plus I had coupon for 20 bucks off:headbang: I ripped all the carpet out and scrapped up the sound deadening crap, that took a while! Then put three good coats of the Bed Armor down. I'm really happy with the results. It was easy to apply and looks great! Then tonight I finally deleted both front and rear sway bars, after debating whether or not I should do it. I have to say I like the way it rides a whole lot better. Its not as stiff feeling, the suspension feels like it works, and the body roll around corners is not as bad as I thought it would be.

I'll take some pics of the Bed Armor and post them up soon.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
i took my sway bars off a few months back, but i havent had a chance to drive it yet. glad to hear the ride isnt too bad, i was a little worried. what do you think the chances of the suspension flexing and your front driveshaft pops out at the slipyoke?

88Bronco2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
i took my sway bars off a few months back, but i havent had a chance to drive it yet. glad to hear the ride isnt too bad, i was a little worried. what do you think the chances of the suspension flexing and your front driveshaft pops out at the slipyoke?
I don't think that will be a problem. I'm running the coils that came with the lift kit. I think they are rated around 400ppi. Its to stiff to really "flex" you could say.

88Bronco2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Bed Armor! and Seats!

Here are some pics of the new bed-liner on the floor, along with a shot of the explorer seats I picked up at the JY today. Only $50 and they are in great shape!

And the new seats!

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
dude, we are gonna end up with the same b2, lol.....are you planning on putting anything in the back? i was thinking i may take out my seats and build a low, pull out drawer to store parts/tools in after i herculine my floors

88Bronco2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
dude, we are gonna end up with the same b2, lol.....are you planning on putting anything in the back? i was thinking i may take out my seats and build a low, pull out drawer to store parts/tools in after i herculine my floors
lol

yeah I plan to put the seats back in. I want to get a hold of some diamond plate and cut them to match the back of the rear seats and then bed-line that. That way when I fold them done it's like I have a small bed to haul junk around.

slow96gt

U.S. Military - Active
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
great looking build, i have the same suspension lift painted the coils red to lol and i run 33s on my d28 with auto hubs and no problem yet, good luck with the build

88Bronco2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
great looking build, i have the same suspension lift painted the coils red to lol and i run 33s on my d28 with auto hubs and no problem yet, good luck with the build
I plan to run 33s when I upgraded to a D35 and 8.8, I'll also get warn hubs as well. What gears do you run with the 33s. I'm thinking I'll get 4.88 gears.

WoodyB2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
96-88
Vehicle
Dodge-Ford
Engine Size
3.9-2.9
looks nice!

How do you like the bedliner?

88Bronco2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
looks nice!

How do you like the bedliner?
thanks!

I love the bed-liner, looks awesome! and the road noise is not that bad. I hear my exhaust more, but that because I put a Thrush welded muffler on. lol

88Bronco2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Shift rail fixed!

Alright I'm finally making a little progress with the M5OD swap! I took the top cover off the trans and took it to a shop to have it fixed. They replaced the broken piece and replaced the rubber plugs with some metal freeze plugs:headbang: Now I don't have to worry about them leaking.

slow96gt

U.S. Military - Active
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I plan to run 33s when I upgraded to a D35 and 8.8, I'll also get warn hubs as well. What gears do you run with the 33s. I'm thinking I'll get 4.88 gears.
im running the stock gears lol and the 2.9 had some trouble around 70mph but my 2.9 was a big turd that half way ran, now my new 4.0 has no problem