•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

My build thread

CarsonChris

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990/87
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0/2.9
Sweet ride. We have similar BII's. Mine is in the project stage. Working to restore her.

Did the clutch pedal swap today.

Harley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Sweet ride. We have similar BII's. Mine is in the project stage. Working to restore her.

Did the clutch pedal swap today.
My clutch pedal squeeks so bad, it drives me crazy....sprayed some white grease on the linkage but it didn't help....on another note, I finally got to drive it..only around the block but it was nice to see it move finally...front end is totally wacked..scary to drive. I had It pretty close when I left but it must have settled in and now the tires are leaning out on the top....back to the adjusters....

Harley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
got the front dialed in a little better...not so scary to drive now. seems to have a lot more play in the steering box then i think it should. anybody have any luck adjusting their steering box?

Harley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Got the drivers seat fixed today...took it all apart and found that the spot welds for the two halves of the seat back had broken loose....whipped out the welder and tacked it back together and now it's solid again....no more twist! Put on some covers and called it good.

Attachments

Harley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Yes it did. .

shadow88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
that's odd because all the web sites ive been to say the fd500 wont fit?

Harley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
that's odd because all the web sites ive been to say the fd500 wont fit?
i am perplexed...i went and did a search and i found one place that said it would fit, all the rest said it wouldnt!! when i ordered from Summit, i wonder if there was a glitch with their search function?i dont know what to do here...i better pull it off and check it again.

Last edited:

Harley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
been a while since i posted...got the b2 on the road finally!! having the front aligned monday and that should take some of the wander out of it. need to get the passenger side wiper to work, it just lays there..... fixed my back hatch striker pin with a new sleeve and now it closes tight and doesnt rattle. any ideas on how to quiet down the tire carrier??

Harley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
will that little drip rail on the back work for a rack system like a yakima???

TillamookB2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I had a 30" tire on my tire carrier and it thudded around quite a bit. Turns out the tire carrier itself doesn't like the weight. The hatch didn't like it either and ended up cracking just below the glass. It was only meant to hold a donut spare.
I got the rattling to stop by wrapping electrical tape around where it rests in the notch on the hatch side of it. Not a permenant fix, but it kept me from going crazy for a while.
The only solution I've heard of for the thudding sound of the tire carrier is to get a bumper-mounted one that is meant to take the weight of a fatty tire. Or make one.

truckerdawg

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Looks good. I really like the 86 Eddie Bauer's. The tire carrier-try adjusting the plates that fit the the rear hatch higher up until it is barely possible to lift the arm off the carrier. This will make it very snug. Mine will still scrape metal on metal after lifting the pull handle up and the tire backwards but this has seemed to prevent that rattle.

Harley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
I had a 30" tire on my tire carrier and it thudded around quite a bit. Turns out the tire carrier itself doesn't like the weight. The hatch didn't like it either and ended up cracking just below the glass. It was only meant to hold a donut spare.
I got the rattling to stop by wrapping electrical tape around where it rests in the notch on the hatch side of it. Not a permenant fix, but it kept me from going crazy for a while.
The only solution I've heard of for the thudding sound of the tire carrier is to get a bumper-mounted one that is meant to take the weight of a fatty tire. Or make one.
Makes sense...they never intended for these broncos to run 33x12.5 tires....lol

Harley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Looks good. I really like the 86 Eddie Bauer's. The tire carrier-try adjusting the plates that fit the the rear hatch higher up until it is barely possible to lift the arm off the carrier. This will make it very snug. Mine will still scrape metal on metal after lifting the pull handle up and the tire backwards but this has seemed to prevent that rattle.
Thanks...i like the EB bronco too....I will try this on my tire carrier this weekend...

Sent from my SKYTEX-SP1020 using Tapatalk

Harley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
still having trouble with play in the steering and wandering....looks like i have some movement at the steering box where the pitman arm bolts on....any ideas??? is my steering box shot??

Harley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
still fighting the steering...sucks because everything else is working good!

Harley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
replaced the center link today and the steering is still crap...scary to drive...the pitman arm moves on the steering box!

Harley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
finally got the steering figured out....looks like when i originally put my drop pitman arm on, i didnt get it tight enough and it wallered it out enough that it was causing slop in the steering. i put on the fa600 drop arm and cranked it down and set the tow and all feels good!!i took a pic of the 500 and 600 arms for comparison and another of the current tierod angles........

Attachments

shadow88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
How did you fix the striker pin for the back hatch? I'm having the same troubles