•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

My build thread

Harley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
picked up a set of bushwacker pocket flares for 40 bucks! need to fix one but what a deal...anyone know if i can use fiberglass on them?? they look like some sort of plastic..any ideas?

smccrory60

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 V6
So I got the headliner recovered and installed over the weekend. I had to do some minor repairs on the foam board - 1 corner was broken off and a few cracks. I used some white Gorilla Glue to reattach the broken piece and fix the cracks and then reinforced them with fiberglass cloth and polyester resin. I also filled any dings with bondo to make sure everything was smooth. Like Beachbuggy said -use LOTS OF GLUE! I used both cans and it was just enough! The fabric seems to be just as good of quality as the factory stuff and has 3/16" foam instead of 1/4" like most places sell. The factory stuff is 1/8". Overall I'm happy the way it turned out and would use the same stuff again, especially for the price.

Harley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
So I got the headliner recovered and installed over the weekend. I had to do some minor repairs on the foam board - 1 corner was broken off and a few cracks. I used some white Gorilla Glue to reattach the broken piece and fix the cracks and then reinforced them with fiberglass cloth and polyester resin. I also filled any dings with bondo to make sure everything was smooth. Like Beachbuggy said -use LOTS OF GLUE! I used both cans and it was just enough! The fabric seems to be just as good of quality as the factory stuff and has 3/16" foam instead of 1/4" like most places sell. The factory stuff is 1/8". Overall I'm happy the way it turned out and would use the same stuff again, especially for the price.
Cool! Thanks for the update...can I get a pic or two of the finished headliner? I want some inspiration...

smccrory60

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 V6
Here's a pic. It does take some time to remove all of the trim panels to get the headliner out, but the results are well worth it!

Totally off the subject, but do you have any pics of your Mustang? I've got a 2006 V6 Pony Pkg. The Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup is Fathers Day weekend. 500+ cars from all over the country in Steamboat Springs, CO!

Attachments

Harley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Here's a pic. It does take some time to remove all of the trim panels to get the headliner out, but the results are well worth it!

Totally off the subject, but do you have any pics of your Mustang? I've got a 2006 V6 Pony Pkg. The Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup is Fathers Day weekend. 500+ cars from all over the country in Steamboat Springs, CO!
wow! looks great! cant wait to do mine...

here is a link to a few pics...http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3239
and one for here...sounds like a good time at steamboat...

Last edited: