•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

My dad left me his 1989 B2 XLT.

170Parker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco ii
Hey guys, new here. My dad passed away on Jan 2nd, he was a man of simple things so he didn't leave much behind. However he did leave me his 1989 Bronco ii XLT with the 5 speed transmission. I drove it home the other night, it runs but a little rough. For being a 27 year old vehicle that sat in the Iowa cold for a month it started pretty easily. However it chugs pretty good when it runs, I had to feather the throttle a few times. However I did bring it home on the highway and besides the heat not working it wasn't too bad of an experience. I'm contemplating starting a restore/build project to make myself a nice mudder out of it. Dad had a real nice full size bronco that he loved to take mudding and this B2 was something he bought to be his next project although he didn't get much done lol. I only have a few pics right now, i can get more later, but I'm looking for some advice as to whether I'd be in over my head, or whether I should start, and if so where I should start. I turned a lot of wrenches with my pops but mechanics were never my thing really so my knowledge is slim in this area. Luckily the internet can teach you anything nowadays!

Attachments

ab_slack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Looks like a nice vehicle to start with.

I am not an off road sort of person so I find it kinda sad when one gets turned into an off road vehicle.

Having said that, there are reasons people like the BII for off road. The short wheel base and narrow body have their down sides for stability but it yields a certain maneuverability other vehicles don't match so well.

The BII form here isn't so active, it was spun off of TRS a year or so ago, maybe two years. TRS is very active with lots of guys doing the exact sort of thing you are talking about so ask your questions on TRS too.