•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Mystory black box?

Billygoatninja88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Hello! I'm new to the forum. I bought a 1988 bronco ii Eddie bouer like six months ago. The guy I bought it from didn't tell me much about it and I later found this black box under the dash and it doesn't look factory, not even dealer installed. I am wondering what it is and if I can get rid of it. It has 13 spade type connectors on it and all the wires connected to it have been connected to what looks like factory wiring and it has an antenna that's similar to a stereo wire antenna. The connections and labled with colors of wires and what they are for such as trunk, 12vdc, unlock switch, unlock motor, lock switch, lock motor, plarity, ignition, dome light, ground, valet, starter key, starter motor, disarm out. It also had a switch on the fround wire that if i turned it off it wouldnt turn over that didn't seem to be part of the system and was probably put there by the person who installed it. Going off that I would guess its a remote start thing but not sure. I was never told about it and I'll I got from the dude I bought it from just handed me the title and two keys (door and ignition), no fob.......... So my question is what is it most likely and if I could remove it to simplify things if I run into electrical problems in the future especially when I put a 4.0 and m5od in it.

HoweCarson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I got the same box!

I have an 86 bronco 2 and have that exact same box. It was actually zip tied underneath my steering column. Did you ever figure out what is actually was?

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Some sort of security system, don't have anything like that in my 88 Eddie Bauer Bronco 2.