•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Need help asap since its going to rain soon :(

cathryes

Reaction score
Windshield wipers detached from motor and I can not figure out how to get to it. The leaver arm that attaches the motor is what I need to get too. Does that outer panel just pass the hood but before the winshield come off or do I have to take the whole dash out? If its the later...im so **** since I dont have the time, the space or the cash to get it done.

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
Access is through the engine bay. There is a removable panel behind the engine and a couple more smaller ones [IIRC] on either side.
Good luck,

Richard

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Do not stick your hand in there with the battery connected, it will ruin well the rest of your life if your happy with two working hands. You can unbolt the motor and pull it back to see what you need for tools. Then you have what you need at the bone yard to get any parts you need.

SenorNoob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I gotta know. Are you talking about getting your hand caught in the moving linkages for the wipers?

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
If the motor cycles with your hands in there yes it could chop them off or make them unusable.

cathryes

Reaction score
Sorry for the late response...work has been a *****. I think it's the retaining clip thats bad. But I've tried to do a post search but I'm not sure what it is called. I've tried windshield wiper lever retaining clip but can't find anything.

Anyone know what or where I can find it?

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I think I know the clip you are after. I have one around and can get you a part number. They are still readily available.