•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Need help with camber issue after 6" Skyjacker Class II install

holeshot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I had my local off road shop install my 6" Skyjacker Class II on my 90 Bronco II and they are having a heck of a time getting it aligned.

They said something about the camber kit they got wont fit?

I dont know anything really about alignment but I drove it, and it is all over the road. It feels like anytime I drove over an uneven part of the road it would steer in that direction.

Anyone else have this issue?? Its a Dana 35 up front.

Thanks!

Here is a pic I took on my phone while it was at the shop. They did a really nice job on it.

Attachments

Last edited:

4x4junkie

Mall-Rated
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
I can't really tell anything in that pic... Can you get a shot from in front showing the camber on both sides, and also showing the steering linkage?

I strongly suspect a big part of the problem is they used the too-short pitman arm that came with the kit. 6" lift really needs the bigger #FA600 pitman arm.

holeshot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I will try to get some pictures. I think the kit I got came with the #FA600 pitman arm.

Whatever is wrong with it, it seems to feel like it is steering on its own (any direction but straight!) and I had to fight it just to keep it going down the road in a straight line.

Are those symptoms indicative of the incorrect pitman arm?

4x4junkie

Mall-Rated
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Very much so if bumps are causing it to go in different directions. Squealing of the tires through dips is another symptom of it.

The steering linkage should be down level with the axle beams. If it's jacked up at an angle, then you'll have what's called Bumpsteer, which is where the wheels steer themselves in different directions as the suspension moves due to the steering linkage not being in alignment with the axle beams.

holeshot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Thank you man! I will see what I can do.