•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Need help with fuel filter on 87 B2

89Bronco2Micheal

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Ive been to 3 mechanics and they were too scared to mess with putting in a new fuel filter. So I went and got a new filter Napa Gold 3268. I have a gas leak probably a old ring gasket on filter, looks like I have to do this myself. Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks.

Attachments

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
That's a fuel accumalator. Some times they have filters but I haven't run across one that does. Be very careful, they are no longer made. The filter I know of is farther up the frame rail hidden behind a metal bracket.

BroncoMike8789

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987 1989
Vehicle
Ford
The 87 B2 has 2 fuel filters, one under the gas and brake pedals, other one is the fuel reservoir shown in pic. And 2 fuel pumps one in gas tank other one is underneath driver seat behind a metal plate looks like a fuel filter but has electric wire connected. 2 bolts hold the fuel reservoir on frame rail. I will attempt to take it off plus looks like Amazon.Com sell the part I need.

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
Thanks. Good find.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
When you get the filter for the reservoir, it should come with an o-ring. Mine did but it was folded up in the box with the filter. I used a hair drier to soften it up to get it round again so that it would work. It wasn't difficult.
Forward of the reservoir is a metal inline filter, easy to change as well.