•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

need help

pawpaw13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I have a 90 bronco 2 with a 2.9. Heres what I need help with. The truck runs great most of the time but sometimes it will act like it is running out of gas or has a short of some kind. It will finally die and you have to let it sit till it cools off and it will start back and run fine till the next time, which might be a day or a month later. I have dropped the tank and made sure the pump filter was not clogged. I have checked and cleaned the seniors on the uppur intake manafold. I've had the wireing checked by someone that seems to know what he is doing. He downloaded the codes and found no problem. I have replaced the fuel filter, coil, plugs, plug wires. dist. cap, rotor button, pick up in the dist. tfi module, fuel pressure regulator. Any ideas what I should try next. Any ideas would help. Thanks

hunter88brduece

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
might help

This is gonna sound weird but i had a proble like that, it was a faulty inertia switch and after it sat for awile it would start up again next time it happens to you take a small piece of wire and jump the terminals, a paper clip will work also and leave it in there its located on the passenger side in the kick pan under the rug

fastford04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
i hafto agree with hunter88brdeuce i had a 2wd ranger that would do that. i took a wire an stripped both ends of it an shoved it in on both sides of the plug an neverhad no more problems out of it!

F150hybred

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
One other possibility would be the fuel pump relay. Change it out for one that's known to be good or a new one. While your changing it, check the conditions of the terminals for corrosion.

pawpaw13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I changed the relay this morning. I've checked the inertia switch before. It was not tripped, it seemed to be ok. Can they mess up inside without tripping the switch? Thanks again for the input.