•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

need some feedback

phatdaddy

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/1988
Vehicle
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
460/ 2.9
http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/3816425982.html
I can buy this truck but don't know if its a smart thing to do. its all there and ran and drove he just put the motor in and don't have time for the little stuff. like intake carb ect . Im a big lover of the bII just need some other point of views :icon_confused:

MeanMark87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L I4
I would steer clear of it personally but that's only because I have had nothing but bad luck with CL ads that are that vague. Generally I like craigslist ads to be informative and well-thought-out...the ones that try and paint an accurate picture of the vehicle and its history.

This one's pretty sparse and doesn't really go into much detail on any of the problems or things that have already been done....notably the engine swap.

Plus I'm not keen on the price....I paid 600 less than that for one with an actual working engine...

But the only real solution is to go look at it. It might be in better shape than it seems.

phatdaddy

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/1988
Vehicle
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
460/ 2.9
yeah I have done the v8 swap a couple times but I think if I go look at it Im gonna offer 800

Shran

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
My advice would be to offer the $800 and walk away if he won't make a deal with you. I'd assume that since it says it needs a carb, intake, and radiator, you won't be able to hear it run or drive it so who knows what condition the drivetrain is in. My guess would be it's all built from used/junkyard stuff which may or may not matter. No specs on the lift either - may very well be cobbled up junk, seen more than a few of those.