•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Need some lifted Explorer pix please.

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Hi all. I have been searching the site for some pictures of lifted Explorers. I have a few but figured I'd make a post to see if I could get some more. One in particular I saw a few months ago, a black 4 door with about 6" of lift on 33s or 35s. I can't find it anymore.
The reason I'm asking is I am getting ready to put a prototype lift on my explorer and we are trying to see which springs to order for the rear. I am wondering if what is advertised is what you are really getting. Meaning a 6" lift is 6" or is it really 5.25" or 6.5"?
So if you have a lifted Ex, please post a pic. Try to include the lift mfg. and what you really got out of it.
Thanx.

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
No lifted Explorers here? Guess I was dreaming. I'll be sure to put my pix up so you can see what we end up with.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
There are plenty of lifted explorers on here but mine for one does not meet the criterier you requested.

Sunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size

SOA in the rear, SJ 6" coils up front on 33s.

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
thanks for the link. I looked through all 11 pages. The black one I spoke of was in there. I'm also seeing that most everyone goes for a SPOA in the rear instead of keeping the SPUA configuration. How is axle wrap? I originally wanted to got that route also because of cost and to keep from being a rock dragger. However since this is a prototype lift, they want me to test the new rear springs they have developed. The only issue is that they offer a 3.5" and a 5" so I don't know which to tell them to send.
I was wondering if people were actually getting the advertised lift out of their springs. I guess I will just go with the 5" and make adjustments if needed. I will post up pictures when it gets done.

Thanks.

Sunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
The setup I posted is probably about 5-5.5" after spring sag. I'd go with the 5" kit.

youngPSD

Reaction score
Engine Size
1992 8 inch skyjacker old springs under rear just put chevy 64inch springs on it dont have pics yet.