•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

New here but no Bronco yet

B_Noah82

Reaction score
New to the forums and I don't have a Bronco yet but I'm looking. My name is Brandon and I live in the Houston area. I've been reading lots the past few days since this idea entered my brain housing group. lol. Wondering if there is anyone that is near me that I could learn a thing or two from and maybe come look at your rig.... Another thing I have been wondering has anyone attempted to have the D35 live with a V8 powered truck. I'm sure its been tried I just haven't come across it in my searches. The truck when I finally find one to start working on I want it to be set up for trail/mud. The place I ride mostly has some deep mud, some water crossings, and some really fun off camber stuff that was a blast when I had my RZR. Just looking for a more dependable trail/mud toy. It will be strictly a toy at this point but things change sometimes. Awesome forum y'all. Tons of great info.

learningasigo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I'm still new here but from what I have seen most people here at bronco ii corral will tend to prefer the 4.0 swap to a bigger v6 instead of the v8. Cheaper all together, easier, and if you buy the right explorer you can steal the engine whole getting the front axle. That in mind I have seen v8 swap info but I'd have to find it again. It maybe have been to the Ranger station forums or another 4x4 bronco ii forum. The only attempts I have seen is with the 302w, it can be done. However the most notable things with it is any type of body lift will help clearance on the bottom to clear the oil pan. Can be done without but even an inch will make it easier. Custom headers are needed and you have to figure out the radiator and I believe water pump as well since stock ones from the bronco ii or donor won't work... And overheating is always a possible issue with the biis. Honestly I'd love to dive in and go for the 302 swap but with my level of experience and the hurdles to jump through it doesn't really make sense to not just do the 4.0L. If you search 302 swap you will find info, and I know I saw away kits with a different oil pan and headers from summit racing... Or maybe bronco graveyard... Not exactly sure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

B_Noah82

Reaction score
Thanks y'all I've been reading anything and everything that I can to learn as much as I can. I save a lot of things I see so that way I have a good idea of what I'm getting into. I'm game for the challenge of an engine swap of any kind. It's just going to be a toy so it will always be a work in progress. Tons of great info here on the site. I'm pumped and I don't even have one yet. I need to make room and get my son's 81 K10 out of my garage that I just finished before I put anything else in there.