•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

NEW HERE.... looking for information

dr_grist

Reaction score
Hi All... I am in the market for a B2 and I am considering one for sale at a dealer in Richmond, VA. I was hoping I might get lucky and find someone here who knows anything about this particular B2 or the dealership? It is a 1988, Eddie Bauer Edition, 2.9L, V6 with 178,000 miles. The asking price is $4995, which, by comparison to similar vehicles on E-bay, Autotrader, etc, is low. The dealership is about 350 miles away from my home and I just wanted to see if I could learn more, or just go for it? Thanks.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Hi All... I am in the market for a B2 and I am considering one for sale at a dealer in Richmond, VA. I was hoping I might get lucky and find someone here who knows anything about this particular B2 or the dealership? It is a 1988, Eddie Bauer Edition, 2.9L, V6 with 178,000 miles. The asking price is $4995, which, by comparison to similar vehicles on E-bay, Autotrader, etc, is low. The dealership is about 350 miles away from my home and I just wanted to see if I could learn more, or just go for it? Thanks.
Dude 5 grand for a Bronco II? Do not pay any more than like 2500-3000. Look on places like craigslist, offerup, letgo blah blah blah. There are some good examples out there, I payed less than a grand for mine.

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
If there is no rust and it doesn't need work then it warrants a look. Rust repair and paint is expensive to do right.

dr_grist

Reaction score
Right 86... that is what I thought initially... but even the one you found needs bodywork... which is not really my forte. Of course the 1988 in Richmond has been on the lot a while, so I will try to get a lower price.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Right 86... that is what I thought initially... but even the one you found needs bodywork... which is not really my forte. Of course the 1988 in Richmond has been on the lot a while, so I will try to get a lower price.
If you are still gung-ho about a clean example, I recommend finding a truck out west. Here in Colorado, Bronco II's are cheap since everyone is too excited about XJ jeeps and such. It'd be cheaper to do a Roadkill style roadtrip, getting a truck home than buying one local to you that is rust free. Ultimately its your wallet