•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

New summer project

SmokeEater829

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 L
Well, I just found out that I have a project that I have to tackle this summer. I bought an 1989 B2 4x4 in december and have been slowly getting it right. First off, put in a rebuilt tranny. Then started with some interior issues and getting it looking a little better on the inside. Added a Explorer center console, new seat covers, new head unit and speakers, and some other small things.

Cut to this past Thursday. My buddy called and asked if he could use the B2 for the weekend while his car was in the shop. Its only a hunting / camp truck for me so I wouldn't miss it. He comes that night to pick her up. I get a phone call friday during the day asking if had been running ok. I told him that I had used it a few days aog and it was fine. He said that he was gonna look at it Saturday, and maybe do a tune up on it. BTW, he is a mechanic by trade so I told him to go for it and i'd settle up with him when it was done.

Friday night I get another call form him. Bad news this time. On his way home from work, oil pressure dropped out and the truck killed as he pulled into his apartment's parking lot. Cranked it back up and drove it a couple hundred yards to his apartment. Shut the truck off and went inside to get a flashlight. Motor is leaking oil everywhere! He is gonna look at it tomorrow and see what he can figure out. So, it looks like a complete rebuild may be in the near future. Unless something catastrophic happened. If thats the case, I'll be looking for a swap. I'm not mad that it happened, especially because I wanted to rebuild it from the start. Its just the timing that is killing me. Last month, I got married. I close on my new house in about 3 weeks. And, found out friday that my wife is 4 weeks pregnant!!! When it rains, it pours!!!

As soon as I get some pics from him and a report, I'll post it up.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Need pictures!!!!!

SmokeEater829

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 L
So do I!!. Its my truck, and I haven't even seen it yet. Y'all will get pictures as soon as I do. I promise

Brownie Mobile

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
This really sucks i just had a similar problem of possible running it without any oil sucks a lot because i wont know if its fixed for a very long time, mine was a leaky/blown oil pan gasket.