•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

New to forum! 1988 Bronco II named Lil’ Red

Andrew761015

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
375491C9-B264-4EEA-BFEC-678430D921E7.jpeg

just joined and was curious if anyone has recommendations on how to paint the bumper and trim with fresh black paint? Also are there any Bronco II clubs that ever meet to show off this underrated classic?

tw205

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Suspension Style
4wd
It’s all removable. Front bumper has 4 carriage bolts. Windshield trim has friction fasteners. Use caution but they pull straight off. Light sanding and cleaning. Rattle can away. I use farm implement paint on that type stuff. It seem durable.
Sister site TheRangerStation.com just had an event last weekend. I did not attend but I followed along on the web site. They let us Bronco II people hang out with them as our rigs share similarities. 🙄
Nice truck.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
That is a pretty nice rig...

These are a bit underrated to the general culture. With the come back of the new Bronco... people seem to appreciate them a little more these days.

Peter Griffin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Oh no...here's comes the resident Raptor liner guy!

My entire vehicle is going to be Raptor lined shortly (it's a type of bedliner). For folks that might think it's little extreme for the entire body, it does give nice contrast and compliment if you do only fenders/bumpers/etc.

It comes in spray cans now and is a one-day job, easily. Bumpers are super easy to remove with just the carriage bolts holding them on. Clean, scuff them, wipe them down with water/alcohol or acetone and spray adhesive promoter. Two light coats and you're down. Very similar procedure to a rattle can paint job, there's innumerable YouTube videos that will give you plenty of good (and horrible!) advice...