•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

New Wheels and Tires for the BII

Flat Toy

Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/1998
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9/2.5
I started the day looking for tires for the Astro Van. I can see air through the tread on the back.
Could not find anything on Chevy wheels so since I would have to take tires off the rims I started looking at Ford stuff.
I came across this set of 4 235/75/15 with about 75% tread mounted on 99 Explorer rims for $17.00 each. (Wheel and Tire). Plus $13.00 for the center caps (4 Each)
Before and after:

Finished cleaning:

Had to cut the front caps to clear the hubs;
Started with a pilot hole from the inside since the center was well marked:

fliped it over and used a 3 inch hole saw;

Finished:

Got the wheels on but need to go get different lug nuts in the morning to put the caps on.

Got a set of lugnuts and installed center caps:

This is the forth set of wheels for this BII since we have had it. The truck was stolen right after we got it and when we found it the wheels and tires were gone. We went and picked up this set at the wrecking yard:

Then it sat for five or six years till we took the time to get it running. (fuel pump relay came apart and burned the wiring up.)

After it was running and used as a daily driver the tires that were dry rotted became a problem and we went and got this set of wheels and tires:

Then of course we went to this wheel and tire:

Not a real agressive tire but it will look good in the mall parking lot. the 225/75/15's that came off the Bronco will go on the van.

Last edited:

mud390

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Very nice. Clean looking. I have those same tires, different size, on my Ranger and love them! Good ride and seem to be lasting.

Kris

CJREX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
SuhWeet! :icon_thumby:

mwood1985

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
wheels

lol amazing how you can completely change the look of a ride using regulat old ford parts. looks like its a factory option man nice work