•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

No clutch till Bronco warmed up?

Broncotim

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Today I decided to Drive my 1988 Bronco II. My Bronco II is stored in my detached garage. It stays dry. This week it's been very cold here in Tennessee at times below 0. Today when I started my clutch pedal had no pressure and I could not shift into gear. My fluid level was good and I could not find any leaks. I let the Bronco II run and warm up. After 20 minutes my clutch started slowly started to build pressure. I drove it 45 minutes to work with no issue. Could the fluid have been frozen? I've owned this Bronco for 30 years and once lived in Connecticut and have never seen this before. Has anybody else ever dealt with this issue?

tw205

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Suspension Style
4wd
I’ve had that happen to mine. I tried to get by till weather warmed up as it was my daily. After a few weeks my slave locked up and I could not push the clutch in. I don’t know the cause. I put a new slave in and had no more troubles. Does it go into gear when you loose the pedal. Thinking maybe the slave is sticking out.

Broncotim

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
No. It would not go into gear when the clutch pedal had nor pressure. The clutch pedal would rise but no pressure when I would push down.

tw205

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Suspension Style
4wd
Same thing with mine.

tw205

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Suspension Style
4wd
Have you posted over at Therangerstation.com ? There are some knowledgeable guys over there. Not much traffic here.