•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

No more '94

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Parents bought the thing in '96 for a family car. It did that until '05 until they got an '02. From then until '09 it pretty much just sat around as a backup car because it wasn't worth anything because of the miles... and that is when the body went to heck. When I started working for dad I mentioned it would be nice to drive it around instead of waiting for a service truck to open up and then bouncing a 3/4 or 1 ton truck across town to get some trivial little part.

Well now dad thinks he needs something other than old standard cab '92 GMC he has had for 17 years. Great truck, but it looks like crap (the paint is falling off). So he found a very clean '05 F-150 extended cab 4wd with a 4.6. Just for giggles he asked what they would give him on the Ex for trade, they offered $1500... so he jumped on it. I am lobbying for the GMC as a replacement... and for what I do it will be better than the Ex was anyway. I will no longer depend on the heavier trucks for hauling lawn mowers in (which is a major PITA because of their size)

So with 179k on it, down the road it goes tomorrow. Really it is pretty clean underneith, the stupid decorative trim killed the rocker panels and bottoms of the front fenders though.

Last edited:

superds

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84 90 2013
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8/2.9/5.0
It's sad to see them go. My '90 Ranger has been in my family since September 1st, 1990 when it was brand new. Damn, I forgot to wish it a happy birthday...

That plastic over metal just kills the steel, I'm fighting cancer on my '99 Explorer that used to have running boards that mounted to the rocker panels. Although it's not nearly as severe as what you show, I think I can still save them...

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
It's sad to see them go. My '90 Ranger has been in my family since September 1st, 1990 when it was brand new. Damn, I forgot to wish it a happy birthday...

That plastic over metal just kills the steel, I'm fighting cancer on my '99 Explorer that used to have running boards that mounted to the rocker panels. Although it's not nearly as severe as what you show, I think I can still save them...
It really is, this is what I drove home from the courthouse in when I got my license back in '00.

We looked into fixing it but basically aftermarket sheetmetal didn't go that far back into the interior, our only real option was go charging into JY with a sawsall and hoping that we could find one in better shape... long odds.

If it wasn't as rusty they wouldn't have been as apt to get rid of it. Being a company vehicle they want things to look nice, and that wasn't a feasable option with this thing.

Good luck on your '98. :icon_thumby: