•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

no power to fule pump

coal_region_kid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
i got a 87 ranger my fule pumps aint getting power i put power to both of the pumps they both work, i replaced all the relays but still i am not getting power when i turn the key WHAT COULD IT BE i need to fix the problem i have a kid on the way

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I would get a light tester and go backwards from the pump following the wires and find where you have a power loss.

detty_motorsports

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1992
Vehicle
ford/ford
Engine Size
may be a connector at the pump..... i would take them (at both pumps) and clean them then apply some dilectric greese

coal_region_kid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
i got the pumps to work just not starting i dont think the injectiors are pulsing

lil_Blue_Ford

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Check your fuses and look for any wires that might have been chewed by a mouse under the hood.

Have you checked for spark?

coal_region_kid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
i dont think it would of been a mouse chewing wires when i was driveing it when the problem started

np24

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
check the ground wire at the battery. there should be a large one that goes to the frame and then the block and a smaller one that has a connector on it that goes into the harness.
the smaller one is the ground for the ecm. if its messed up, in any way, you won't get fuel or injector pulses.

lil_Blue_Ford

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
check the ground wire at the battery. there should be a large one that goes to the frame and then the block and a smaller one that has a connector on it that goes into the harness.
the smaller one is the ground for the ecm. if its messed up, in any way, you won't get fuel or injector pulses.
Good point, I had to replace that on my choptop cuz it corroded to junk, but the truck still ran (somehow) when I replaced it.

And if a mouse chewed on a wire, it could have been a bump that shorted it to the frame or something.... I have an ongoing feud with the local mouse population...