•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Not Another CTOR Build

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Was invited to another local clubs event.......

heres some vid (9 minutes long)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pJAEkqJXLrA

I won two solid diff covers (Gift Certs) in a raffle they held during the event SCORE!!!!!!! spent $40 in gas towing, $15 entrance fee and won $240 in merchandise. Its awesome, cause i was planing on buying a pair of covers for the B2 and just didn't have the money to spend.:woot:

I am thinking i may push my front axle another inch forward from where its at now, my pitman arm is kinda close to my drag link and i could use another inch further forward on my front driveshaft.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
thanks

one of two i recently won in a raffle

KELLY88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 2005
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Damn this truck is awesome. Congrats on the diff covers as well. Those are really nice.

Dishtowel

August OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Wootwoot!! Prizes! Is the pictured on for your D44 or your 8.8? I am not a good enough student of axle ID yet, but I'm guessing 8.8

PS: what gears are you running? 4.56? 4.88?

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
that pic is of the 8.8..........the D44 is in about a week or so before its shipped, must be behind on those

killaguerilla

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
way bad ass man much better than your buddies

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
way bad ass man much better than your buddies
:buttkick:

two very different rigs, mine is straight trailered, his is occasionally driven 60 miles a day to work and back and driven to and from events/parks.

i actually had to take a hammer and chisel to the cover in this area to be able to get at the bolts. The cover was bent over the bolts from draggin across the rocks.

New cover installed

went and got a non-a/c heater box. On the RBV's of this style the only difference in the box's themselves is in the engine compartment. And they interchange completely. The firewall is the same with or without A/C.

Changed my soft up a little bit, before it was open at the bottom on the sides, and it hung way over on the back. Now it hangs down just far enough on the sides and barely over hangs the back

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
been wheeling the last few trips with no inner fenders, been making a real mess of my engine compartment. Remedied that today.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
newest addtion to the truck, replaced my junk champion 8K winch

went and got a warn m8000

he had it on ebay and the bids were up to $223 and it still had 5 days left. I noticed he was out of lansing, mi (50 miles from me). So i sent him a message stating i would come and get it today with cash for $275. He got back with me and said sure. So i went and got it. Seems to work fine. The cable that was on it was junk. But i have a pretty much new cable (the one in the pic). It seems to work fine i spooled the cable onto it and the winch never hesitated and never even felt warm to the touch. Atleast now i know i can get parts for it just about anywhere unlike my old champion.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
just clicked, had it apart several times, now it works barely. after a few minutes of use it shuts off like it overheats and take about 30 minutes before it works again. And its really difficult to free spool cause the stupid lever pulls down and locks it back up. I'll probably try and get it in some form of a working order and mountit on my trailer.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
mounted the solenoid pack, yeah its upside down but it'll have to do for now. Eventually i might relocate it to inside the cab of the truck. Its hard to tell in the pic but the box is mounted flush with the grill, so looking from the side you can't see it.

I also went and got some 63" chevy springs and am in the process of replacing my rear leafs so i can elimnate the 4" blocks

how the back susp looks for now, block will be gone by the weekend

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Looks like you could use some new brake pads too.

A note about the 63" leafs. The ones i got were fine till the first time I had a heavy load on my trailer. I lost about 1.5 inches after that. It went from raked to level when unloaded and sagging with my spare tire and other stuff in the bed. It is probably because the springs were out of an 89 and were likely beat.

They flex great though!

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
i took two of the leaves from the pack that was in the truck before and removed the overload from the 63" springs and added the other two to the 63's. That make any sense.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
oh and those are new pads int he pic, just put them right before the shot. Gotta have the truck done and ready for next weekend. aking it up to Twisted Trails ORV park here in MI for jeep fest lol

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
63's mounted but to tired to take pics, had to move the front leaf mount forward and drop it down to keep my lift height with no blocks. I added two of the old leaves to the chevy pack, but i think i may pull those out.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
pics of the before after of the 63" chevy spring swap.......I retained the same lift height before/after

before

after

*the area of the front spring mount where i cut the bolt hole off is welded to the steel plate, you just can't see the weld in the picture. Whats not seen in the pic is the L Bracket on the back side of that steel plate that connects to the bottom of the frame rail and has peices of metal going from the bottom of the plate to the frame ral sideways as a cross brace/bridge.

*those are stock 89 rear 4wd chevy leafs from a 4x4 truck, the only modification to the springs is i cut the over load. The over load is still there its just no wider/longer then the spring perch.