•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Out with the old...

G8orFord

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco
Engine Size
2.7 V6
Suspension Style
4wd
Traded the '22 CO Outer Banks 2-door in on a '23 HPR Wildtrack 4-door today.

Help me, I've got a problem. I think I need counciling. In any case, I'm a more-door owner and I am going to embrace it.

20230914_180547.jpg

Whitney

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco
I'm more satisfied with the 4 door.

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
.... so not only did you get rid of a bronco in its BEST color... but you went and got a more-door?

Lord have mercy on your soul! 😋

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I'm seeing more and more of the new Bronco out and about these days. Far more 4 doors cruising.

I'm also equipping my Ranger to overland at a "comfortable" level. I'm having space issues with a 6 foot bed. I can't see how this can be done in a 2 door Bronco.

Since I can't even buy a new two door Ranger going forward... I'm back to considering a more door Bronco myself.

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
The take rate on the more-doors is around 65-70%

About the same percentage as people who bought their bronco to never drive offroad 🙂😋

In all seriousness though.. lay the rear seats flat (or even just take them out) and there's a surprising amount of room for cargo in the back of a 2 door. Definitely enough room for the amount of stuff 2 people would need to take for a few day adventure at least. When we went on our faux-verlanding adventure back in the summer the only thing I was wishing I had more room for was some firewood.. planning to remedy that with a roof rack or a hitch/spare mounted cargo carrier.

G8orFord

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco
Engine Size
2.7 V6
Suspension Style
4wd
.... so not only did you get rid of a bronco in its BEST color... but you went and got a more-door?

Lord have mercy on your soul! 😋
It was mostly for the wife. I do like the Wildtrak though. She fell in love with the Hot Pepper Red and we keep our granddaughter pretty often so the 4 door made more sense for the child seat. I almost bought a 2-door HLE in Robin's Egg Blue, but came to my senses in time. Between the Explorer, Bronco and the F-350 this year, I figure I've done my part to keep Ford solvent for a while.

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
The take rate on the more-doors is around 65-70%

About the same percentage as people who bought their bronco to never drive offroad 🙂😋

In all seriousness though.. lay the rear seats flat (or even just take them out) and there's a surprising amount of room for cargo in the back of a 2 door. Definitely enough room for the amount of stuff 2 people would need to take for a few day adventure at least. When we went on our faux-verlanding adventure back in the summer the only thing I was wishing I had more room for was some firewood.. planning to remedy that with a roof rack or a hitch/spare mounted cargo carrier.
The more door gets tight really fast when you need the rear seat.

Especially when one is used a Ranger with an enclosed 7' bed.

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
The more door gets tight really fast when you need the rear seat.

Especially when one is used a Ranger with an enclosed 7' bed.
Yeah, there definitely isn't an excess of room in the actual cargo area if a guy needs the seats. The roll bar and disappointing speakers take up a bunch of space.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
That one looks worth keeping...

G8orFord

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco
Engine Size
2.7 V6
Suspension Style
4wd
That one looks worth keeping...
Gotta get the miss fixed and I'm going to put some 31x10.5's on it. The 33x12.50's rub too much. Hoping the narower 31's will fix that. It came with a new 3" body lift, but it's high enough already. The clutch release bearing and rear driveshaft are noisy, so they'll get fixed too. Need the correct drivers seat. Someone replaced it with a good seat, but it's about 2-3 inches lower than the passenger side. Feels like you're sitting on the floor. Window whiskers and tracks pieces need replacing too. The dash pad is brittle and splitting. etc., etc., etc. It's a bit of a project.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I feel your pain...

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Gotta get the miss fixed and I'm going to put some 31x10.5's on it. The 33x12.50's rub too much. Hoping the narower 31's will fix that. It came with a new 3" body lift, but it's high enough already. The clutch release bearing and rear driveshaft are noisy, so they'll get fixed too. Need the correct drivers seat. Someone replaced it with a good seat, but it's about 2-3 inches lower than the passenger side. Feels like you're sitting on the floor. Window whiskers and tracks pieces need replacing too. The dash pad is brittle and splitting. etc., etc., etc. It's a bit of a project.
When I bought mine, i knew it was rough, but boy did I underestimate the level of work I would put into it.
After a year of near nightly tinkering I was grumbling about it and the wife says "Well, you said you wanted something to keep you busy."
Women don't forget anything when they can use it against you. :)

To be fair, I bought it to be a winter beater but I just had to keep making better.