•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Paint code for a 1989 White Bronco II

WhiteBroncoII2WD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I am in the process of repainting my Bronco II. Lord willing this will be the last time, someone took a screw driver to it. I had it painted Performance White, but I want to take it back to the original factory Ford white. Here’s my problems the paint code along with other important information is gone, the sticker was removed from the door. I’ve narrowed it down between two codes, 9M and 9E. If anybody has an 89 Bronco II that was originally white would you please check the code? 9E was called a Special White while 9M was simply called White. In the DuPont paint books 9M is listed for Rangers and Bronco II’s, but 9E is listed for Kentucky trucks only. I thought all Bronco IIs were made in Kentucky. Please, would you check your paint codes and see if the 9M is more common?

lindsay_elaine

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
If you call an auto body supply place and give them your VIN, they should be able to tell you. Good luck!

WhiteBroncoII2WD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I've been doing a little research of my own this morning and it appears that Paint 9E was never offered for the Bronco II or Ranger. Still if anyone has any information, please share...

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
My 89 isn't White white, I have been told it's a beige color, but to me it looks white, till I park next to my Father-in-laws Explorer, then it doesn't look white.

Here is a picture of my Door Sticker if it helps any

Robert

mowers collision

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
bronco colour

I just joined tonight,but i will look up your paint code in one of my colour books and let you know . It will be corect.

2wdmuddin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
beefy 3.0
its probably yz, that was the most popular white ford used for years. if you cant find it in your research, call the dealer becasue 9 times out of 10 thats what the paint store will have to do or tell you to do.

shane96ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
YZ = Oxford White

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
YZ = Oxford White
there's another one,Z1 that's also called oxford white(i think there's three or four codes named that).but i think those codes are too new for his '89.

Last edited:

shane96ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
there's another one,Z1 that's also called oxford white(i think there's three or four codes named that).but i think those codes are too new for his '89.
There's another thing I found out when I had my Stang in the body shop. My buddy has a 99 Cobra that is bright as hell white, so I told the body shop to paint it with that color which was called crystal white. The guy looked it up in his computer (he mixes his own paint) and the recipe is the exact same as Oxford White. It is much brighter than it was before, it just had crap for paint on it.