•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Paint

Gijotoole

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Howdy b2 community. This is one of my first posts but I've picked up a ton of stuff. I have an 86 B2 with auto hubs (replaced), power windows, locks, lumbar (replaced original seats with 02 Explorer but kept the lumbar system), and 4WD. The paint code off the VIN has two colors - codes 1D and 1G. I can't find those in the Auto Zone/Advance/NAPA/O'Reilly stores here and the ones I did find are gray and NOT the pearl-ish white of my B2. The paint is definitely factory because its throughout and behind the dash, but it doesn't look like the colors in the stores. Does anybody have experience with this issue?

Thanks for the help. I'll post pictures of the little guy later.

wend3lrt

Reaction score
Vehicle
Bronco ii
Have you tried paintscratch? They can match factory paint colors.

ProjectRoach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Definitely do a test coat on scrap metal if you end up finding a code match from say NAPA or autozone. I’ve had some bad experiences doing paint patches with seemingly the correct code. If memory serves me right I believe summit racing can also do paint matching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjfugler

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Howdy b2 community. This is one of my first posts but I've picked up a ton of stuff. I have an 86 B2 with auto hubs (replaced), power windows, locks, lumbar (replaced original seats with 02 Explorer but kept the lumbar system), and 4WD. The paint code off the VIN has two colors - codes 1D and 1G. I can't find those in the Auto Zone/Advance/NAPA/O'Reilly stores here and the ones I did find are gray and NOT the pearl-ish white of my B2. The paint is definitely factory because its throughout and behind the dash, but it doesn't look like the colors in the stores. Does anybody have experience with this issue?

Thanks for the help. I'll post pictures of the little guy later.
Pics? I am wanting to swap to a white and gray configuration for my red and silver girl. Would love to see yours before I take the plunge.