•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Parking brake adjuster...need pictures!

SmokeEater829

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 L
Hey fellas,

I replaced all 3 of my parking brake cables on my B2 today because when I bought the truck it didn't have the front cable and the rear left cable had been cut. Well, I had picked up the adjuster brackets at the junk yard off of another B2 and took pictures of the brackets before I removed them. But, since then I had to update my phone and I lost those pics.

Can someone please post some pictures of how the brackets attach from the front cable to the spreader bar. PLEASE!!!!

tidmarshsmiths5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l stock
This may not be what you're asking, but here's a pic of mine (and note...I was coming on here to ask what the "devil" and how to fix)...

The issue I have is that the parking brake depresses, but when I go to release it doesn't spring forward. When I looked under the truck there were no springs so I "rigged these 2" so that at least the parking brake pedal would spring back into place. I KNOW IT IS NOT CORRECT, so the question for this unmechanical genius is how to fix...if someone will just take a picture of there's I can copy it and make it work...also when I try to tighten the parking brake nut it seems as though it wants to pop that cable...any/all help is appreciated.

martin45

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Yes mine is a float I need to replace the whole system someone with some good pictures would be nice. Thanks to all I have been fixing things on a steady bases do to all the great info from the guys on this site best I have ever worked with.