•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Picture Wanted. Parking brake adjustment lever

donzoh1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Can someone get me a picture or diagram of the parking brake mechanism below the driver's side door on the frame rail? I can't find anything in the Haynes manual and someone disconnected this whole assembly so now the parking brake doesn't work at all. And, I can't figure out where and how to mount it.

mplummer08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
This is on a 90 B2. The pic was of the tranny when I had dropped it but incidentally got the brake cables. Hope it helps!

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

donzoh1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Thanks much. That looks very much like mine. (I see you have the same Harbor Freight tranny jack that I got recently.) On a related issue, I have put the transmission back in but have noticed a cable with a two-pin connector hanging right in the same area. I'm guessing it plugs into either the transfer case or transmission or maybe the RABS? I also have a warning light saying "Rear Antilock" but don't know whether they're related.

mplummer08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Maybe check on the top drivers side of the rear diff, there may be an ABS connector there. If not try to get a picture of the connector in question

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk