•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Post your Bronco II's audio set-up here!

The Fonz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I've seen the audio+video section but there is very few threads there relating to Bronco II's so I figured i'd start a thread specified to Bronco II's. Right now i'm rolling with the bone stock speakers, premium speaker and the stock head unit. I really want to boost it up a bit and have been sifting through threads for the last couple weeks trying to figure out the best set-up.
Apparently 5.25" can fit in the front dash and the side speakers are 5x7" i'm not entirely sure what wattage the head unit pumps out and if it can even benefit from better speakers without replacing it with a new unit and wiring.
So lets see them! Whatcha got?

chrwilkins30

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I have all alpine stuff. 4in in the dash and 5x7 in the rear with a 10in sub just for a little extra. It was all under 300 for everything. Bought the speakers off ebay, the sub box at walmart and the stereo from a friend.

Last edited:

Pbheadshots

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/8 mix
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I'm running kenwood 4in in front and polk audio 6in in back. Not caring too much about the system honestly. It's my trail truck and I usually don't blare music on my way to the deer stand.

88B2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1994
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 2.3L
Now Fonz I thought you told us this wasn't gonna be another project vehicle :)

The stock setup is pretty weak. Just upgrading the cd deck made a huge difference in sound quality for me. That's with stock speakers plus the premium speaker/amp factory option that you mentioned you already have too. You might start with a new deck then work from there if you're still not happy. Just don't crank it up too loud with stock speakers or they'll blow pretty quick.

Most places also sell a wiring adapter kit for the deck for about $15 so you don't need to hack up and splice the wires like I did my first time.:idiot:

Last edited:

The Fonz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
chrwilkins30 what year Bronco 2 is that? I have an 1988 Eddie Bauer and no 5x7's seem to fit in the stock hole and I really don't want to drill it out. I did come across the Alpine SPS-517 (maybe the model you have?) which look as if they might fit but am wary about ordering them without knowing.

Twister

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985, 1987
Vehicle
Duh
Engine Size
2.8L, 2.9L
It looks like he broke off the mounting tabs on the speakers.

Elutheros

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
working on the 5.0 swap
Here it is!

Brownie Mobile

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
im jealous of you guys you have the hole for a modern stereo, i dont have that luxury the PO did a crappy job of cutting a new hole and my deck just kinda falls in to the dash when i hit bumps( even wit the tabs out because they drilled the hole wayyy to big.