•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

power steering pump bleed problem?

fastford04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
ok i recently swapped out my power steering pump i know its not bad cause the truck i took it off of it workd well.
any ways my bronco was ran for about 3-4 days with the pump on cause i needed it to get back an fourth to work well ive got the pump back on an all an its full of fluid i just cant get it to bleed right everyone at the parts house told me all i needed to do was fill it up an it would bleed back thru its self...??
is this true? or do i need to bleed it some how?

4x4junkie

Mall-Rated
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
any ways my bronco was ran for about 3-4 days with the pump on cause i needed it to get back an fourth to work
You saying the pump was installed on the engine but not hooked up or something? Were the lines capped off so no dirt & water could get into it?

As for bleeding it, it should self-bleed eventually on it's own, although it would be much better to cycle it from lock-to-lock a few times with the engine running (wheels jacked up off the ground). This should quickly bring most of the air in the system up to the reservoir.

kunar

Odd One
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
You saying the pump was installed on the engine but not hooked up or something? Were the lines capped off so no dirt & water could get into it?
if it was installed and running, and didnt have fluid going through it, its probably toast.

to the OP... im having a hard time understanding what youre trying to say...