•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Pulled wiring, what needs to stay?

LostSoul

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
OK, well let's start off with some background info first shall we?

1990 Ford Bronco II, 4x4, auto, guessing it had the 2.9l V6 :icon_confused: (it was given to me as a project in progress, so that's why the confusion) It has a swapped in carb'd 302, AOD trans w/ adaptor for the electronic transfer case. Since I know a carb'd motor only needs certain things to run, I pulled the entire wiring harness to start fresh instead of cutting up a good harness, if I can sell it, since I already have an 18 circuit race fuse box already from previous projects.

So here's my questions...

Out of all the sensors, relays, other misc crap that I pulled from the engine bay, behind the dash and from the rest of the Bronc, is there anything I'll need to re-wire in?? There will be no creature comforts and I'm not going to need any dummy lights or misc un-needed sensors/relays really since it's a trail rig that will be only driven to a gas station for a fill up.

Do I need to wire in the electronic transfer case or is there a way to make it a manual? I don't mind the work, just wondering if it's worth the hassle :annoyed:

and last one, hopefully....

Does anyone know of or have an exploded view or colored wiring diagram for a '90 B2? I need the dash wiring so I can sort through the relays and control boxes to help me know if I need them or can put them in the for sale section/ebay to help fund the project.